Friday, December 11, 2009

Gracie's birthday party


So if you read my last post you know that I was out of town for my daughter's birthday. She turned two on November 6th. She didnt go without a party on her birthday though. She got to spend it with Granny and Papa in Oklahoma. I still felt awful when I got back - you cant skip your own child's birthday, even if they wont remember it. So the next Saturday we threw our own party for Gracie. We went to Texas Roadhouse (my favorite restaurant and conveniently the kids' favorite too!) She got to sit on the saddle while everyone gave her a Texas Roadhouse "yeehaw!" She loved it! She has plenty of experience with that sort of thing since she has been riding the rocking horse her Papa made since she was 9 months old (no joke she would climb up on it herself and hold on and rock!!) After dinner we came home and I pulled out the birthday cake I made for her - my family's birthday cakes always have to be homemade (my definition of homemade right now is from a box - I mixed it and put it in the oven). We all put on our party hats...Gracie insisted "pody hat pody hat" as she chased our heads with them. We sang happy birthday and she blew out the candles...and no, she did not touch them this time! Then she got to play with her birthday present - a new kitchen! Now she and Jonathan can make the cakes!









No comments: