Saturday, January 16, 2010

A short rest...

It's been awhile since my last post...I've had a little break from Sweet Portrayal since Christmas since its been so cold out! But I've got several maternity and newborn pics lined up as I finish up my time here in St. Louis and I am so excited. I want to get as many of these in as I can before I move to Arkansas since my goal is to specialize in Maternity, Newborns, and Babies to 1 year - I really want to hit the ground running there and what better way to start off than with a jammin' portfolio! I look back on the first newborn pics that I did and cant really understand what kept me going at that point. I mean, the pics were okay, but I have really come a long way - if I do say so myself. I always did seem to get the "most improved" awards in school though. I was happy with that until I found out what that meant - there was no where to go from where I was but up! LOL!
All of that to say...if you know anyone out there with a new baby on the way please refer them my way!!! Be sure to tell them to let me know who referred them and there will be rewards!!!
So in my respite I have still been taking pics - even more than usual actually. I started doing Project 365 on New years - and I love it! If you are into photography at all I suggest you start this - it is so beneficial whether you are an experienced professional photographer or just got your first point and shoot yesterday! It has helped me expand me knowledge and broaden my ideas. You can see my pic of the day each day on my flickr site (link to the right). I will post a few of my faves which include pics of my family:




2 comments:

Rae Nolt said...

Where are you moving in Arkansas?
Wish we lived closer...I'm due in March and would LOVE for you to take baby pics!! I do have family in Arkansas so if you were moving closer to them...I could tell them about ya! :)

Anonymous said...

Kim, you're so good. :) I can't wait for our sessions.